2019-2020 Chromebook Open House Presentation
The Hooksett School Board has approved a one-to-one Chromebook initiative at Cawley Middle School as part of their commitment to support students and learning. This initiative will allow students to use a school-issued Chromebook at home and in school, and as a result, students will have constant access to research, organization tools, multimedia presentations and more.
Chromebooks will be distributed to parents and students on the following evenings:
- Grade 8 Parents/Students – September 25, 2019, 6:30 pm in the Cawley Media Center
- Grade 7 Parents/Students – September 30, 2019, 6:30 pm in the Cawley Media Center
- Grade 6 Parents/Students – October 2, 2019, 6:30 pm in the Cawley Media Center
Mr. Roma and Principal, Matthew Benson, will detail how students use the Chromebook at home and in school, as well as the guidelines and procedures for the use of the Chromebook before the Chromebooks are distributed. In addition, Mr. Roma will explain the safeguards and filters that are built into each Chromebook to insure the devices are being used for educational purposes only.
In order to receive a Chromebook, a signed copy of the Hooksett School District Student & Parent/Guardian School Issued Device Agreement must be signed by a parent/guardian and the student receiving the Chromebook. Students are responsible for returning the Chromebook and charger before their 8th Grade Recognition Evening Ceremony or when he/she is unenrolled and moves to a new school.
If you are unable to attend your child’s grade level night, you are welcome to attend one of the other distribution nights. In addition, if you are unable to attend any of the nights, a signed Hooksett School District Student & Parent/Guardian School Issued Device Agreement can be turned into the main office and a Chromebook will be issued to your child within a week. Please see the attached documents, below:
- Hooksett School District Device Use Guidelines & Procedures
- Hooksett School District School Issued Device Student Disciplinary Guidelines
- Hooksett School District Student & Parent/Guardian School Issued Device Agreement
Please contact Principal, Matthew Benson, if you have any further questions.