I hope that everyone had a restful, safe and healthy Thanksgiving Break. This is a reminder that all students at Cawley Middle School will be learning remotely from November 30 – December 4. In person students will then return to school from December 7 – December 23. After Winter Vacation all students will learn remotely again from January 4, 2021 – January 15, 2021. In person students will return to school on January 19.
When learning remotely, all in person students are expected to attend classes daily via Zoom using the Remote Learning Schedule 2020 – 2021. (Remote Learning students will continue to follow their usual daily schedule.)
Teachers will have the schedule posted in Schoology along with Zoom links for live instruction, and assignments in Schoology daily. Your son/daughter is expected to attend all classes via Zoom using and adhere to the Zoom Requirements which are listed below:
- Students will be required to follow the same behavioral and learning expectations as if in school.
- Students are required to attend the entire class unless otherwise directed by the teacher.
- Students are required to sign on to Zoom at the start of each class and wait in the waiting room until admitted.
- Students are required to have their video cameras on during the entire lesson. If there is a technological issue the teacher must be notified through email. In addition, a helpdesk ticket must be submitted the same day.
- Students are required to be sitting at a desk or table like at school.
- Students will be removed from the lesson if they are laying down in bed or on the couch.
- Students are not allowed to wear hats or sunglasses unless medical documentation is provided.
- Students’ pets are not allowed to be held or part of the lesson.
- Students are required to be engaged in their learning. Students will be removed from the lesson if they are making phone calls, making their beds, in the swimming pool, etc.
- Students should not be using their cell phones during a Zoom lesson.
- Students should be in a room that is lighted.
- Students should come prepared to class as they would in person.
- Students are required to dress as they would in person, no pajamas, bathing suits, costumes.
- No avatars, images, or pictures of students should be displayed.
- Students are required to use their regular name, not a nickname.
If your child will not be attending classes on a particular day please call the main office to report he/she absent. Students are required to attend all classes or they will be marked absent.
HOOKSETT NUTRITION SERVICES – Curbside Pickup
Food Service will be offering meals via curbside pickup. These meals must be preordered the prior day by noon. If you have more than one student and they attend different schools you may order all meals from one location for pickup. Please refer to the school menu posted on the Cawley website for daily meal options. A complete hot/cold lunch will be provided for that day and a breakfast for the following day.
Please contact Kitchen Manager, Michele Liouzis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603 518-5047 x 5023 from 7:00 am – 1:00 pm to order meals. Pick up for meals at Cawley Middle School is Monday – Friday from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. Please pick up the meals at Door C9 in the back of the building past the dining hall. Stop at the door and remain in your vehicle for a server to bring your order out. If you have access to a cell phone you may call the kitchen using the number above and a server will deliver it to your vehicle. If you do not have access to a cell phone a server will come to your vehicle to ask you for the student’s name on the order and then will retrieve your order.
In addition, the USDA has provided waivers for the National School Lunch (NSLP) and Breakfast Program (NSBP) which allows all students to eat a complete breakfast and lunch for free. The Hooksett School District has been approved for these waivers and is offering free meals to all students in the Hooksett School District. These waivers have extended to the end of the school year or until the USDA has liquidated all funds. Snacks, waters and a la carte entrees are not covered under this program.
For classroom related questions, please contact your child’s teacher. For other questions, please contact me or Mr. Largy, the Assistant Principal.